Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Wild Sunday

It's Sunday morning it started like very other morning. I got up at 700 and got ready to go to Kampala. I was buying a wash machine so I was very excited. So I walked to the main road and a waited for about 30 seconds for a matotu (van taxi).
I got on and off to Kampala I went. It was so full I bet their was 20 people on the matotu. So we got to Kampala in about 45 minutes which is pretty fast. Now the store does not open until 10. That was great because I went to a coffee shop in the mall and had 2 cups of very good coffee. Then it was 10 o'clock so I went into the store and the first time since I been in Africa the wash machine was not on sale. That's okay I only would of save 61 dollars anyways. So I bought the wash machine here you have to buy big items first then finish your shopping. The clerk told me when you come to pick up the wash machine tomorrow you need the receipt or you will not get the machine. So I finished the rest of my shopping an hour ahead of schedule. So I got back in a Matotu and started for home. I got a quarter of the way and the driver stopped the Matotu and said very one that is going to Mukono off because we are going back to Kampala. SO I paid the driver 500 schilling and started walking back to Munoko looking for another Matotu. I found another Matotu and got back right around 1 o'clock. As I am walking up the hill to the house I started looking for the receipt for the washer. I can not find it so I got home and unpacked all of my stuff and put it away. I LOST THE RECEIPT!!! I am looking for the phone number for the store and of course it's not on the receipt or anything else. I found an old phonebook with it inside. The number did not work because they change the phone number 2 years ago. So I went to Peita and she gave me the new number I just had to add a 2 from the old number. So I call them and she stated that I have to come today or it will not be valid. So I asked Peita if I could have Patrick drive me she said that's fine. So I asked Patrick and he said sure so by the time we left it was 2 o'clock and the store closes at 3. On the way to the gate to go I notice a sound it sounded like a hole in the tire and it was. So we had to go back up and get a new truck. We did that and on the we were again. So we get to the store and the people in consumer service started giving it to me on how important the receipt is. She said that we will help you out then I found out that a someone found the receipt and turned it into the store. So needless to say I have my washer. What a Day

The man with the washer

Brad

1 comment:

Tricia Layton and Lane said...

I'm glad everything worked out with the washer!! We sure miss you here!!!! Hope all is well with you and Max Dog!