Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Max's Bad Day

Hello Everyone-

On Monday morning max came to work with me like now normal. I get a phone call from one of my boss's and he told me to go and meet this insurance lady that is coming I said no problem. So she pulled up and we had are meeting and she wanted to see some of the children no problem i said. So we did that after that we went around the compound and show her what we doing, like I do very meeting with people from outside the compound. we were walking all around and was on the final leg of the tour and one of the kids that was walking with us yelled max is bleeding. I thought not to much of it because he just came out of the jungle so I thought he had some thorns or something like that. So about 1 to 2 minutes went by and the kid yelled again max is bleeding. So I looked and he had a pool of blood all around his paw. So I put my EMT train to use. I ripped off my shirt and rapped it around his leg and ran him up to the middle of the compound where I could get help. When we got there there was 2 meetings going on. They all looked at me and said what happened and I said max was cut. They all thought the monkeys got him. So 1 person ran for the first aid kit and the rest came to help. By the end of it all I was head to toe red of the blood and max was head to paw red from the blood, but he also got three stitches.

So I went and showered and changed then finish the tour with the insurance lady. When she got into her car she said something very interesting. She said of you would do this for a dog I know the children are very safe. I thought that was a very wierd statement. I thought look around we did all this for the children why wouldn't we do something like that, but whatever I guess Just Livin the Dream!!!!!

That was Max's and Mine very bad day.


The now cleaned up


Brad

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brad! I'm sorry to hear that Max got hurt, but relieved to hear he is alright. I enjoy the posts you share, and I look forward to our next meeting in the future!