Sunday, July 13, 2008

Finally I am in Uganda

Hello all-

Sorry that this is the first chance I had to write on the blog very busy and internet very hard to get on.

I left America on July 8th. I went from MN to New York City for a 5 hour layover from New York I went on a 7 hour plane ride to Amsterdam for a 3 layover, then another 7 hour plane ride to Entebbe Uganda. I got to Entebbe at 9:00 night african time which is 1:00 in Minnesota. Then Max and I got to are new home around 10:30 11:00.

On the first day was pretty slow just got to walk around and check things out. I got to meet my new neighbors. Max got to meet the other 2 dogs it did not go very well like I wished it would of. Max is getting better thou!!! I got to see Henry again when he saw me his eyes were wide open and he ran to me. It was very cute and very exciting for me. We got to eat supper together that night.

The Second full day here was very exciting!! A container filled with food came from America so we all helped to unload it. The other thing was that are school was in a soccer match with the neighboring school. WE WON it was very exciting when they got back to the compound the car horn were going off just was like they just WON State.

I got to go Kampala today I got my cell phone hooked help and some shopping done. It was a very neat experience.

On Sat. was a very busy day on the Compound people came from the village. The Children played in the courtyard and the Parents were in class. The parents came to learn how to help their children when they are in school.

It is now Sunday and no to much going on I just cleaned my house all morning and then at 2:00 I went to church very fun otherwise not very exciting.

Until the next time we talk...

Carpe Diem

Brad

4 comments:

Tricia Layton and Lane said...

Hey Brad- Miss You Lots!!!! "MCLOVIN" miss you too. We chatted with ALice on SKYPE last night so we're both practicing!!! love- JENNY O.

Sheri said...

Brad!
Glad to hear you made it safely! I am so excited to follow another blog! God bless you in your new adventure!
Sheri Kumar

Mary said...

Hi "Bread" - glad you and Max arrived safely. I miss you already - bet you thought you would never hear that. I am looking forward to hearing more of you adventures. Love, Mary

Terry Poock said...

Glad to hear you made you long trip to your new home safe.

enjoy the time you are there!
Terry